Too Busy to Eat Right? Me Too! Get the Information You Derserve and Download My FREE eBook "Clean Eating for Normal People"
Meet Suzanne Nelson
I am here to help frustrated women who struggle with cravings, and hormonal and weight challenges. As a Certified Personal Trainer and Health Coach, Yoga and Barre Instructor I am committed to creating a community of like-minded women who desire to heal their bodies naturally through clean eating, exercise and Essential Oil applications.
If you love eating spaghetti but not what it does to your stomach and hips, you're not alone. Yet spaghetti squash can act as an excellent pasta substitute. Spaghetti Squash is my favorite starchy carb, next to the sweet potato to keep me eating clean and in "Cleanse-Mode" most of the time. So why not simulate your favorite spaghetti recipe with this take on spaghetti with meat sauce.
Spaghetti squash, 4 Cups
Coconut oil or grass-fed butter, 1 tbsp
Salt, 1/4 tsp
Pepper, 2 pinches
Cinnamon, 2 pinches
Olive oil cooking spray
Grass-fed Ground sirloin or extra lean ground beef, 12 oz (340 g)
Onion (small diced), 1 Cup
Tomato sauce, 2 Cups
Cashews (crushed), 1/4 Cup
Parmesan cheese (grated), 1/2 Cup
Serves 2 large, or 4 small
15 min. Prep Time
45 min. Cooking Time
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Cut squash in half and clean out the center and seeds. Place cut side up on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil or butter.
3. Season with salt, pepper and cinnamon and then place in the oven.
4. Bake squash for 45 minutes or until tender enough to stick a fork into it with minimal resistance. 5. Remove from oven and allow it to cool a little. While the squash is baking, preheat a non-stick frying pan on medium heat, lightly coat with spray and add the ground sirloin.
6. Sauté the sirloin in batches if necessary, until lightly browned and cooked all the way through. Add onions and sauté for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat, add in the tomato sauce and cashews, and set aside.
7. Once squash has cooled a little, scoop the flesh out of the skin with a spoon, measure and add it to the meat sauce. Next, reheat in the frying pan on medium until warm.
8. Garnish with the parmesan. Serves 2 large or 4 small.
Variations and options
Make this post-workout recipe a chicken recipe by substituting sautéed chicken breast for the ground beef. For a lower-carb anytime dish, reduce spaghetti squash from 4 cups to 3 cups. For a more gourmet approach, plate the warm squash first, top with the hot meat sauce and then garnish with the parmesan, adding some chopped basil on top.
How Did You Enjoy This Article? Ok, now here are some of MY suggestions for using Essential Oils for flavoring your water....Lemon or Orange (orange is great in smoothies)
Let's get you started down a better path, a path to more energy, better weight management, improved sleep and mood. All of these things can change in your life! How? The first step is to decide the "Why" and then to take action. I start a new "21-Day Cleanse" Bootcamp every month, and we focus on Clean Eating and creating a better environment for health.
Get started today by downloading your FREE copy of "Clean Eating for Normal People"! You won't be disappointed, I just hope you will come back to register for the next Cleanse. Interested in knowing MORE about Essential Oils and their natural healing properties...Contact MeNow!