Too Busy to Eat Right? Me Too! Get the Information You Derserve and Download My FREE eBook "Clean Eating for Normal People"
Meet Suzanne Nelson
I am here to help frustrated women who struggle with cravings, and hormonal and weight challenges. As a Certified Personal Trainer and Health Coach, Yoga and Barre Instructor I am committed to creating a community of like-minded women who desire to heal their bodies naturally through clean eating, exercise and Essential Oil applications.
Even the most committed dieters can slowly start to put on weight. especially those in the over 40 crowd. Sometimes it takes a reboot from what we know and the habits that we perform daily to get back on track and lose the extra unwanted pounds. I decided to come up with a list of great weight loss tips and found that Kimberly Snyder, Certified Nutritionist, has written a great Top 12 Weight Loss Tips that I can work to emulate in my own life, and find it easy enough for even the beginner trying to lose weight and get healthy. She starts the list by answering a question from a fan...
1. Yes, absolutely incorporate more and more raw food, which is easy to digest, nutritionally dense and keeps you full and healthy. The basis of the raw diet is greens, so definitely check out my easy green smoothie recipe, and start trying to have one every day for breakfast or lunch.
2. Avoid all dairy products. Dairy is pasteurized and very difficult to digest and break down- sucking tons of our precious enzymes. It is also mucus and acid-forming. It is my personal experience that it is very hard to lose weight when consuming dairy!
3. Avoid all “fake” sugars- Splenda, Sweet ‘n Low, Equal, etc. These are very hard for your body to recognize and break down. 0 calories does NOT mean will not promote weight gain.
4. Stay hydrated- drink lots of water 20 minutes either sides of meals, but drink MINIMALLY with meals (so as not to dilute the digestive enzymes).
5. Practice yoga!! Besides the deeper spiritual and mental benefits, I have personally found it to be the most rewarding and beneficial physical exercise. Look out for my yoga video, filmed in Bora Bora, that should be out in January or so. You can do a version of the same series I practice along with me that will keep you toned.
6. If you are going to eat cooked food, don’t combine protein with starches. Instead combine protein with greens, like salads or sides of veggies. Proteins and starches together are really hard to break down. For example- if you are going to eat fish, eat it with a salad or a side of spinach. Sushi- with the combination of fish and rice, is very hard on the system. I used to never think about food combining. But when foods are combined well and digestion is easy, minerals are more easily absorbed and toxic waste can more easily leave the body. When the opposite is true, then backup occurs and this is usually coupled with weight gain and/or difficulty in letting excess weight go.
7. Avoid all soda- especially diet colas!!!! B Vitamin and mineral-leaching, acidic, etc. etc.!
8. Try to consume 1-3 lemons every day. You can squeeze them over salads, in water, etc. Lemon helps regenerate and support your liver by benefiting bile formation. Since your liver is your main fat-burning organ, lemon therefore promotes optimal fat metabolism.
9. Don’t eat fruit for dessert after you eat a cooked food. The simple sugars in fruit break down much faster than the denser cooked food, and will cause backup and fermentation in your digestive system (See #6).
10. Instead of consuming desserts with processed sugars and pasteurized dairy, try some of my good desserts. They incorporate stevia and metabolism-boosting ingredients like coconut oil, and these healthy deserts keep you from feeling deprived while you are losing weight!
11. Chew really well- liquify your food. Be a slow eater. Not only will you be able to extract more nutrients from your food, but you will feel full before you’ve overeaten.
12. Eat fibrous, filling salads for dinner. Try my hearty and nutritionally super dense kale salad recipe, which I eat for dinner at least 4 nights a week. It is so satisfying and delicious!
How Did You Enjoy This Article? Ok, now here are some of MY suggestions for using Essential Oils for Weight Loss if you need a little extra help...
do–TERRA Slim & Sassy TrimShake is a convenient and delicious weight management shake mix that provides essential nutrients and only 70 calories per serving. Blended with water or nonfat dairy, almond, rice, or soy milk, TrimShake can be used as part of a weight-loss strategy of reducing daily caloric intake and burning fat stores through exercise. Slim & Sassy TrimShake includes the patented weight-loss ingredient EssentraTrim† , which research has shown to help manage cortisol—a stress hormone associated with fat storage in the abdomen, hips, and thighs. Slim & Sassy TrimShake also includes Solathin‡ , a special protein extract from natural food sources that supports an increased feeling of satiety. Available in natural chocolate and vanilla flavors, TrimShake blends well with water or milk and provides 8 grams of protein and 2.5 grams of fiber per serving.
Provides a convenient low-fat, low-sodium, low-calorie, sugar-free, lean alternative that is a good source of fiber for individuals trying to lose fat or maintain a lean body composition through calorie reduction and exercise
Helps manage the release of the stress hormone cortisol, which is associated with the accumulation of fat, particularly around the stomach, hips, and thighs
May help control stress-induced appetite, overeating, and carbohydrate cravings
May help support blood sugar levels already in the normal range and enhance energy levels while helping to alleviate fatigue commonly associated with dieting and exercise
DIRECTIONS FOR USE Blend one scoop of shake mix in ½ cup of water or nonfat dairy, almond, rice, or soy milk
Let's get you started down a better path, a path to more energy, better weight management, improved sleep and mood. All of these things can change in your life! How? The first step is to decide the "Why" and then to take action. I start a new "21-Day Cleanse"Bootcamp every month, and we focus on Clean Eating and creating a better environment for health.
Get started today by downloading your FREE copy of "Clean Eating for Normal People"! You won't be disappointed, I just hope you will come back to register for the next Cleanse. Interested in knowing MORE about Essential Oils and their natural healing properties...Contact Me Now!